Trivia #04-Serpolet flash boiler;
- Belgium in 1846 and Etienne Lenoir is successful at inventing a practical two cycle internal combustion engine.
- Late November of 1896 is when Britain’s road system finally have the speed limit increased to 22 km/h (13.67 mph).
- In 1899 Louis Renault, a designer and inventor, forms a family operated car manufacturing company along with his two elder brothers, Marcel and Fernand.
- White Sewing Machine Company (in 1901) develops a car powered by a Serpolet flash boiler; this boiler is multi-tubed as opposed to a one tube or “Mono” design, allowing it to quickly super heat water, converting it to steam.
- In 1909 buick, built by the General Motors Corporation, is the largest selling car ahead of Ford, Cadillac and Oldmobile respectively.
- By 1927 there are 55% of American families 1927 that own a car and 50% of those families looking for a new vehicle as a replacement, adding up to a total of 20 million cars.
- World War II starts in 1939 and many car manufacturers increase production of all types of war bound land transport and in some cases aircraft components, particularly engines for the allied forces.