We have all come to love him as the Dodge Charger-driving alpha wolf character in the Fast and Furious franchise with his undying love for his muscle car, his money, and his family. Vin Diesel’s Dominic Toretto is certainly one of the greatest movie icons that were ever portrayed since the 2000s. However, he would not be complete without the cars he drove that made him fast, furious, and virtually unbeatable in the racing circuits he joined.
We can all remember the savvy Dodge Charger he drove in the franchise’s six films so far. Vin Diesel basically drove three Charger models in the six films — a 1970 coupe model, a 1969 basic model, a 1970 RT model, and a 1969 Daytona model. Let’s take a trip on memory lane and review Dominic Toretto’s fast and furious rides.
Dom’s first Dodge Charger was a coupe he drove in the first installment of the franchise in 2001. The now infamous Black Charger that Vin Diesel drove was completely restored by Cinema Vehicle Services to be presented in full high-performance specifications. It houses a TBS supercharger with F.A.S.T electronic fuel injection, an N.O.S. 250 HP plate prepared with TCI 727 Torque Lite A/T transmission, a 528-cubic inch Chrysler Hemi with aluminum competition cylinder heads. It also features a Strange 3.73 ‘Locker’ rear end that literally puts all the power it creates to the ground, and Wilwood four-wheel disc brakes to ensure stoppage at the time it is most needed. Dominic Toretto may have driven other cars later in the franchise, but this will always be the car since it was his first. Nothing could ever top that.
Another Dodge Charger that Dominic Toretto was caught driving was a 1969 model he used to race with a freight train and ended up in a collision with a semi-truck. Heartbreaking as it is, the car was totaled in the scene. This was another of Vin Diesel’s black Chargers that surely made a mark on every muscle car fanatic who follows the Fast and Furious series.
The 1970 Dodge Charger that Vin Diesel drove in 2009 installment of the Fast and Furious Series, Fast and Furious 4, was an RT model housed in the Volo Auto Museum in Illinois. The model was set up with all the usual trappings expected in a customized muscle car like a sports steering wheel, massive bonnet scoop, and a stripped and customized interior. It has an automatic V8 engine and was sold by an auction site for $129,998. The car sold more than twice its street value, which is pegged at $55,000. But those cars didn’t get driven by Vin Diesel himself, did they?
The 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona that Dominic drove in Fast and Furious 6 came as a surprise to most fans. Diesel was reportedly going to be driving a Plymouth Superbird but ended up with a maroon 1969 Daytona when the movie made it to the theatres. Although this is the first time we see him in a ‘lively’-colored car, the awestruck fans let that pass with all the stunts Vin Diesel and the Daytona showed in the movie. The car was rigged with at least three dozen gears, a nitrous-filled chassis, and a “Danger to Manifold” warning. As usual, we find Vin Diesel’s character, Dominic Toretto, beating Paul Walker’s Japanese sportscar with good old American muscle. Kinda makes you wonder if Walker will beat him again after that chance victory in Fast 5, eh?
- Dodge Charger second generation-to 2014 The second generation Charger LX began production in the 2011 model year with changes inside and out. The sheet metal on the hood has a new look along with the redesigned front fascia and […]
- Fast and Furious Original Charger Engine
- Dodge Charger 1968 Blown HEMI Dodge Charger 1968 Blown HEMI
This is Nick suckow's car in September 2008 before it was stolen. If you have any information about this dodge charger please let me know. […]
- muscle car race Dodge Charger muscle car race Dodge Charger
- 1968 Dodge Charger 1968 Dodge Charger at the SEMA Show 2011
- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona The 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona is arguably one of the most radical cars to emerge from the muscle car’s heydays in the ‘60s to the ‘70s. Ironically, it was not designed for ordinary street […]
- Dodge Charger Daytona 1969 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona first generation was developed as a result of the failure of the Charger 500 in the high profile NASCAR competitions. The Daytona two door coupe is on the same […]
- Top Ten Fast & Furious 6 Clips (2013) – Vin Diesel Movie HD
- Shelby Mustang GT 350 –The best years-.1965-66 The Shelby Mustang GT 350 had only 562 units made available for the 1965 model year. The car is also called the Cobra by some-sharing the moniker and the similar paint job with the AC […]
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze The 2014 Cruze is a well styled and affordable compact that gives great fuel economy and has plenty of room in the passenger compartment as well; with more than adequate available space in […]
- 2013 Dodge Charger The feature photo is a 2013 yellow Dodge Charger Superbee SRT and it does come with all the decals and badging but I could not find a picture showing them so just head to your favorite […]
- Vin Diesel Charger
- Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird 1970
The 1970 Superbird Magnum is a highly modified Plymouth Roadrunner which in turn is a modified Dodge Daytona. The Superbird progression was available only for the one year and only in a […]
- Snake & Mongoose Movie One of the greatest drag racing rivalries in sports history is the story of Don 'The Snake' Prudhomme and Tom 'The Mongoose' McEwen. Coming September 6th, 2013 the story of their rivalry […]
- Chevy small block series-number 8 Chevy Small Blocks 1981 to 1986 Number-8
Four inch bore family
The 350 continued
The LT-9 350 variation is often known by its VIN code as the “M code 350”. This 5.7 liter engine […]
- 1969 Fairlane Torino The 1969 year the Fairlane family have very few trim changes other than a slight revision of the grill having a wider center piece and the tail lights have a more squared off appearance. […]
- Studebaker Avanti Luxury Muscle Car 1962 and 1963 The Studebaker Avanti, originally available as a two door coupe only, was America’s first personal luxury muscle car and was the end result of the doodles made by the new president of […]
- Chevy Small Blocks –Number-9 Four inch bore family 1996 to 2002
The 350 continued…
The Vortec 5700 L31 is a V8 truck engine and can be identified by the eighth digit in the VIN which is an “R”. The power plant […]
- 1968 Dodge Dart 426 Hurst-Hemi There are a few cosmetic changes for the 1968 Dodge Dart. The exterior front fascia has the grill mounted parking/signal light configuration moved slightly further from each fender with […]
- 1972 Alpha Romeo Montreal
The new 1972 Montreal luxury sports car was not available anywhere in Canada or elsewhere in the North American market place, at least not as a new car, and you can blame emission and […]